Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ain't No Sunshine....

So this will be one of those catch-up rambling type posts- so beware and click out now if you can't handle that...LOL

First of all, if the ATL doesn't get dried up soon I am going to need Vitamin D supplements STAT and a tanning bed. The dang Chattahoochee is full of E-Coli (not joking, heard this on the news this morning.) and I feel like I live in Seattle. 

The sun is actually peeping out now and I hope it will dry up the fields. Red wants to play some soccer this week (and we do too!). Speaking of soccer, hubs is the coach. He really cracks me up when he coaches. Normally he is a very calm person but full of personality, mind you. Something happens when the game is going on...he gets a little overexcited and blurts out things like, "Just run her over!" and "Hello, Pink?? Is anybody out there?" (We are the Pink Panthers this year.)  He's REALLY a sweet, loving man...I guess he just gets so into it...It's hilarious. I try and laugh it off. Sometimes I just shake my head. It's one of those moments of "Did I just think that, or say it out loud?" I do love him for coaching her. It's (usually) a very sweet time of Daddy-Daughter interaction. He even sprayed his hair HOT PINK when the Pink Panthers won a game! Now, that's dedication. Bless his heart.



This past weekend we were invited to Red's sweet, precious friend's first communion at the beautiful Catholic church up the road from our house. Red's friend A is a doll-baby, and her parents are some of our best friends here in the ATL. A's parents are so sweet and fun- we felt we had known them forever right when we met them. They are just good people. Hubs and I felt so honored to be invited and included in this special day for A. Here's a pic of the two- peas in a pod.




Red and A are so cute together. They just giggle and giggle. One time I overheard a conversation between them. It went something like this. 

Red: You know, A we are really like twins. Well, more like the same person.
A: Yeah, I mean we have the same swim suit and everything.
Red: And we like the same things...and we think the same things are funny.
A: And you can pick on me and I can pick on you. And it's ok. Yep, we are like sisters.


Also, my Red thinks she has ALWAYS known A. (We only moved to Atlanta going on two years ago.) But A was her first friend she made when she came to visit and shadow the first time at our school. So she thinks they've always been friends. Bless. (Note the crazy face on Red- she calls it her Flynn Rider face...from Tangled.)

So on a totally unrelated note, I caught a pic of this hilariousness in the drive-thru at Chik-fil-a the other day...it's a classic. Cat lovers beware. This is over the top. 

My first thought was....Hoarders. Have you seen this show? It's disturbing but a bit like a train wreck. This is a psychological disorder, so I am not making fun or minimizing this...but it's the most fascinating thing ever. People, some who even work and have social lives, live in unsanitary and unbelievable situations. I watched one episode where a lady had so many cats there were some who'd lived out their 9 lives....still in the house....and she didn't dispose of them....what? So, if this is someone's car you know....I hope they aren't on Hoarders. Bless.

Tonight is the school art show and a little mini-musical for Red and her classmates. It'll be a cute thing I am sure. One of those moments when you watch your child and feel all mushy inside. I love those moments. God sure is good. 

So keep it classy friends...even if you have 13 cats.


No comments:

Post a Comment