Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2013

Unique and Sparkly...

Calling all my girls out there- mamas and future mamas- readers and non-readers- teenagers and mamas of teenagers-do I have some books for you!

So in my downtime of following 20 or so blogs, I have been following a funny and faith-filled lady named Annie Downs. Here's her blog. 
http://annieblogs.com/ So, I started following her- I don't even remember how. She wrote a book- 



I was curious- so I ordered it from Amazon. I LOVED it. I laughed. I cried. It's one of those books that you WISHED you had read, or someone had given you, in high school..or middle school. I thought about my own daughter and how I want her to read it in a few years. So I gave it to a friend of mine whose daughter was about to start high school. Then, long story short, I found out Annie knows a great friend of mine from childhood! She's good people. I just know it. So then she was doing a give-away. That's what people in blog world do. Maybe one day I will do it too. 

So anyway, I signed up to win a book written by another awesome blog writer, Melanie Shankle from Big Mama. She is presh. So anyway...drumroll...I won! Yep, I sure did. So I received my autographed copy in the mail this week! Here's where you can
Order Sparkly Green Earrings from Amazon

Yeah me! Actually, yeah friends o' mine cause now they get to pass around the other copy I had already bought on the day it hit the shelves. I spent about an hour finding this book in the ATL...then put it on hold...made the fam come with me to buy it! You can see I really wanted it! And it did NOT disappoint. Melanie's writing is honest, easy to read (I didn't want it to end!), relatable, and her only child's name is the same is my girl's!! What? Yep, I felt she was talking to me the whole time. Not in a creepy way, but in a God way. So, this blog world is really interesting. I hope you'll order or find one of these books- or both- or borrow one from me. They are fresh and comforting- each in their own way. Stay tuned for more book recs in the future...keep it sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment